Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A confusion cleared up is a blog-readership disappointed

Yes, I know, I'm rubbish, again. I'm sorry. But I am making up for it (sort of) by posting the explanation here where it is easier to find, instead of as a comment. This has the added advantage of making it look like I'm posting more.

Anyway, the explanation is not very interesting. 'Twould seem that pointless anti-climaxes are this blog's speciality. Essentially, Mark left some plasticine in my pigeonhole at uni as a pleasant surprise. Couple of days later, I had a party (burritos and chocolate fondue, in case you were wondering). Whilst we were sitting in my room drinking wine I handed round plasticine so the people who had been drawing faces on balloons had something to do when they ran out of balloons. Someone (I'm still not quite sure who, but I suspect it may have been Natalie, who most of you probably don't know anyway) made me a little duck-billed platypus. It was very cute. It had a green bobble-hat and everything.

Fast-forward to a few days later when, in a fit of clumsiness, I put down a mug (or similar, I can't quite remember) on the duck billed platypus and squashed him. He is still sitting on my shelf with the rest of my plasticine menagerie (Wally the Whale King, Pierre the Dinosaur Chef, Turtle the Turtle with No Distinguishing Features and the Tiny Blue Pig). Only now he is somewhat less ... three-dimensional. Oh, and he still doesn't have a name; feel free to suggest one. It's the least I can do for him after the squashing incident.

2 Comments:

At 10:57 pm, December 19, 2006, Blogger Mark Taylor said...

...Flatypus?
xxxxx

 
At 8:56 pm, December 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) Can't top that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home