Friday, November 04, 2005

Things can only get better...

According to Facebook, I now have 6 friends at Cambridge. Woo!

In other news, Crazy Dr Weinberg said my Marx essay was "excellent" (though that may be because he is Crazy), which almost made it worth the endless brain-crushing reading about alienation and the species-being. Woo!

Oh, also, I did a silly thing on Wednesday - I stood for Ethical Investment Officer at CUSU. And I won! Woo? (I am ambivalent about this because it's an amazing opportunity to start a huge campaign for an ethical investment policy, but I have a suspicion it will a) eat my life, b) stress me out no end, and c) disillusion me greatly. I have been told by my college dad, Luke, that working for CUSU is "soul-sucking". But hey, no pain, no gain, right?)

Anyways, I'd best toddle off now, I have to finish reading The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism before 9pm, when there's an Arabian Nights Bop at the Union...

3 Comments:

At 9:26 pm, November 04, 2005, Blogger Mark Taylor said...

Well, I hate to say "I told you so", but look! Look how great you are.

Please don't get your soul sucked. I'm a big fan of it.

 
At 11:47 am, November 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi
wot is cusu??? i am lickle so i dont no :-(

bye bye cherryberry

shari

 
At 2:00 pm, November 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mwaa ha haaa i am a dalek!! ExTERminATE!!
only messin, it me sab!! heloooooo....
well dun!! u won!! (i never win anyfing! :( ::wails and throws tantrum::)
Great 2 see that ur still alive!! i hav full faith in you to survive till ur holidays!! i know you can do it!!!
woop woop!!
Sabs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home