Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Nuns: the verdict

Since I acquired a t-shirt sporting the legend "nuns are our friends" and a rather snazzy cartoon nun (I've just realised I never blogged about my shirt in the first place! How shocking!) I have had the following responses whilst wearing it out and about:

"I thought nuns were evil" (x2)
"Nuns are cool" (x2)
"I'm scared" (x1)
Pervy looks from strange men (x2)

Now that I come to add them up, it would seem that there is no clear overall positive verdict here. I suppose it all depends on whether you count pervy looks as a positive response, and to be honest, I don't. Nevertheless, I'm hopeful that if I continue wearing it, the word of groovy nuns will be spread such that the scared, unenlightened or pervy will see the error of their ways.

Now, in the words not quite of Shakespeare, get thee to a nunniness!

1 Comments:

At 4:33 pm, June 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nunniness is a truly odd word, as is the idea of you being perved by men because you were wearing a T-shirt with nuns on it. I am now going to try and put that image out of my mind. As an additional comment from one who has seent the design and not the actual T-shirt: 'Yes dear!'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home