Friday, May 06, 2005

Isn't democracy great?

I voted today! At my old primary school, no less. It was highly exciting. Although the guy who gave me my ballot paper was the ticket man at my local train station, so unless he's just really unobservant it looks like my days of paying child-fare are over. Ah well, it was good while it lasted.

Anyway, I could go on a big political rant here, but it's 12.30am and I'm really just whiling away time while the results come through and Peter Snow wets himself over his latest swingometer. And I'm not very good at multitasking, so if I try and say anything meaningful or interesting on my blog whilst simultaneously doing various other things, my brain might explode. And there's not much point having a blog if you don't have a functioning brain. (I could get in a joke there about stupid ignorant people, or maybe even Tory-boys, but it'd be mean and I'm not awake enough to come up with anything.)

Anyway, having marked the historic occasion of my first largely pointless vote (just so you know, if I'd gone on a rant, the subject of it would probably have been how we should have proportional representation), I'm going to get back to waiting for Boris Johnson to reappear on my screen (or rather, the funky little BBC online election coverage window).

Up the Lib Dems!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home