Sunday, November 27, 2005

What a week...

Well, lots of fun and exciting things have happened since I last blogged, and I'm uber-busy as usual, so again it's going to have to be a mere list of fun and exciting things. Just imagine each one is an extensive blog entry.

- Last Sunday, I played cello in Beethoven's 9th Symphony in King's College Chapel. Ooh, it was awesome. I couldn't play the damn thing to save my life, but it was awesome. And I managed to ward off indigestion pains just in time to not spend the concert doubled up in agony, which is always handy.

- Last Wednesday, I went to Thanksgiving Superhall (superhalls are super-good King's formal halls). Ooh, it was tasty. There was turkey with chestnut and apricot stuffing, and pumpkin pie, and warm mulled cider. My God, it was tasty. And there was a ceilidh afterwards, which means much Scottish-dancing fun for all! Yay!

- On Friday, it was Cambridge Christmas (25th November), and it snowed! It was just icing-sugar and it didn't settle at all, but in my book it's still a White Christmas and nobody can tell me otherwise! Also, there was a big party in Emma's room with a Christmas tree and mulled wine and carols out in the corridor (accompanied by various people who produced violas and flutes and things out of nowhere), to which about half the block turned up. The only explanation I can think of for it not getting closed down by the porters despite going on till about 5am is that everyone for many rooms around was there, so there was nobody left to complain.

- Yesterday, I rowed in Clare Novices, my first and quite possibly last boat race for King's. We lost, of course, due to having only rowed as an eight about four times and therefore being quite rubbish. But in fairness, we were racing Newnham, who have about three times as many girls to choose from as we do. Anyway, it was lots of fun, and losing meant we could go back to the boathouse and eat chocolate instead of having to race in the next round, by which time it had started pouring with rain, so I think we got the best deal.

- Also yesterday, Mark won National Novel Writing Month for the second year in a row! Woo! (Well, if he's not going to blog about it, someone has to.) Look at his funky winner's icon here, and his funky wordcount-graph here! And ignore the silly photo! (That hat's mine, by the way, which is why it looks so foolish.)

Ah, blogging's so great. I hadn't realised what an ace week it had been until just now.

4 Comments:

At 10:48 pm, November 27, 2005, Blogger Mark Taylor said...

It snowed? You didn't tell me that it snowed! How very funky. Ah, snow. I hope you get some snow that settles while you're down there. It couldn't fail to be very pretty. (I suspect I may have made this comment before.)

Ah, check you out, with your exciting things that you've been doing. You see, this is my excuse for my lack of blogging. The lack of Exciting Things.

By the way, I feel I should point out that that photo is far more sensible than the one I was using last year.

 
At 8:01 pm, November 29, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

Damn! I knew there was something I was supposed to be doing all month. Stupid Novel writing month.

In other news, glad you had a nice Christmas and congrats on winning the "First one to figure out how to get inside gets to eat chocolate" game. I believe Mark may have invented it at some point.

 
At 5:22 pm, December 01, 2005, Blogger Christine said...

Sounds intriguing. Mark's always inventing games. It's a little bit weird. Happy advent, oh vague friend of Mark's! *advent hugs*

 
At 9:22 am, December 03, 2005, Blogger Happy Crescendo said...

SNOW!!!!!!!!!
It snowed at CHG on Monday (28th) and it was snowy on Tuesday and there were crazed squirrel tracks all over the field. (doing loop the loop)
*yay!* snow!!!!!!!!!!! but it was gone by Wednesday and on Thursday and Friday it just rained :-(
but never mind. SNOW!!!!!!!!
IN NOVEMBER!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home