Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Still ringing the changes

Happy new year, all! I'm sorry I haven't updated in A Very Long Time. Look at everything that's happened since then! I've met Pat Sharpe of Funhouse fame; it's been Christmas; I've been to Ireland; it's been New Year; I've sunk in Irish peat bog up to my ankles; I've written an essay; Charles Kennedy is no more (well, no more leader of the Lib Dems; he is still alive, bless him).

Anyway, I digress. I've been meaning to update for a while now (partly because I have a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that my last post counts as Christmas decorations and I will get bad luck all year for not updating it away before the 6th), but after an eventful absence it's always hard to know quite what to say. So, my answer to this problem is to not say anything new at all!

Instead, I am going to give you an overview of the names I've had suggested so far for the great blog-renaming exercise.

1. "Constant Reading" - I quite like this one, but I have a vague feeling that using it would be misleading, as my blog generally provides anything but constant reading. (Maybe 'patchy and erratic reading' would be better... much less catchy, though.)
2. "Something about nuns" - That isn't an actual suggested name you understand, just a vague idea courtesy of Lisa. Although I suppose 'There's something about nuns' could work. (Any more specific nun ideas are, of course, welcomed.)
3. "So..." - I feel this is a bit short and would look funny in the taskbar. Also, it reminds me of my inarticulacy. (Is inarticulacy a word? Dear me.)

Anyway, three suggestions from two people is, I feel, a bit of a poor showing. It's not like you haven't had long enough to mull. Not that they aren't good suggestions, of course; but I'm going to keep it open a bit longer in the vain hope that someone will provide a bit more competition. Competition is healthy, except when it's not.

3 Comments:

At 10:01 pm, January 10, 2006, Blogger Mark Taylor said...

I don't see any reason why "Something About Nuns" couldn't be a name on its own. But maybe I'm crazy.

I still can't think of anything. Clearly I'm rubbish at names.

 
At 10:29 pm, January 10, 2006, Blogger Mark Taylor said...

Ooh! How about "Avocadoes On Toast"? It just popped into my head from somewhere...

 
At 6:01 pm, January 11, 2006, Blogger Christine said...

Intriguing... wherever did you get that genius idea from, my love?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home